Cant install Garmin Express on windows 11 laptop.

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by rayben, Sep 24, 2023.

1. rayben

rayben

Since I installed windows 11 on my laptop I can't install garmin express on it any more, it just says install failed, I have spent hours trying different suggested methods but nothing works, I tried installing it on my wifes windows 11 laptop and it worked first time, it is a different make of laptop. The app shows up in the list but nothing happens when I try to load it, if I try to uninstall it it just says, uninstall failed so it is stuck there on my laptop and I cant get rid of it. Has anyone had this problem and did they solve it, any help would be very much appreciated.

rayben, Sep 24, 2023
  2. rayben

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Obviously Windows 11 isn't the problem as you have proved by installing Express on a different Windows 11 laptop, it looks like you have a corrupted version of Express on your laptop that won't run or uninstall, I would suggest that the uninstall is the key and you need to complete that first, there are some notes on the garmin website :- Click HERE

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 3, 2023
  3. rayben

Jayhawker

I had the same problem on an HP Spectre laptop running Windows 10. Uninstall would fail. Install (upgrade) would fail. I "hoped" that upgrading to Windows 11 would solve the problem. It did NOT......no change in bad behavior. I found this post. Downloaded the program linked above (click here). Ran it, and Success. Life is good. Thank you thank you!!!! and Cheers!

Jayhawker, Feb 13, 2024
Ask a Question