2460LMT buggered, can't find USA

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Oysseus20, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Oysseus20

Oysseus20

Greetings.

I am having a problem with my previously-reliable 2460LMT. It no longer can find the U.S., or any state or city in the U.S.

Searching on a city name or airport gives me matches in Canada and Mexico.

I have the latest map in stalled - City navigator North America 2024.10.

The problem began after our internet provider experienced an outage while I was updating the device (via Garmin Express).0

I suspect a corrupted file or directory, but have no idea which it might be.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check? This is a discontinued model, so Garmin tech support isn't available.

Oysseus20, Jun 25, 2023
  2. Oysseus20

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would suggest re-downloading City navigator North America 2024.10 map, the problem you might find is that when connecting to Garmin Express that it reports that you already have this map installed (it won't be aware that it is corrupted), in this case I suggest using Garmin Bascamp >> Map Install to examine the maps on your 2460, you can then delete the current map and use Garmin Express to download the map again, I would suggest downloading to 'computer only (Fig. 3)' and then use Garmin Basecamp >> Map Install, this will get around any problems you may have with the map not installing fully due to lack of space on the 2460

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 26, 2023
  3. Oysseus20

Oysseus20

Thank you. Space is not an issue as the map (~3.3GB) is being loaded to a 16GB microSD card.

No joy. I re-installed the maps through BaseMap but the United States does not appear in the list of countries.

I see Bahama, Canada, Cayman Islands, France(!), Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico.

Oysseus20, Jun 26, 2023
  4. Oysseus20

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Did you completely erase the existing version of City navigator North America 2024.10 using Garmin Basecamp prior to down loading it again ?, did you download to 'Computer Only' so that the new download can be inspected using Garmin Basecamp without the 2460 being connected to the computer ?

This map is now in two halves eg :- "North America data has now exceeded 4 GB so split into US All & Canada & Mexico files", it may be that 2460 won't allow both halves to exist at the same time, however if you download to 'Computer Only', you can then select which part of the map to download to the 2460, so you could select just the main USA area and exclude Canada, Mexico etc., this is a feature you can't use when using Garmin Express directly to the satnav

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 27, 2023
Ask a Question