Can't get traffic working on Garmin drivesmart 65

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Rassclaht, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Rassclaht

Rassclaht

Hey everyone!
    First time poster. Recently purchased a Garmin DriveSmart, 65, and cannot get traffic to work.

My requirements are to be able to view any traffic related issues and have the option to take an alternate route without using the Garmin cellphone app. I also have a BC-30 back up camera installed in my vehicle. I need to be able to access the back up camera and also use traffic. I expect the real time map to update the display with any delays, construction, accidents, or detours.

So far, I have been unable to get this to work in any way. I spoke to Garmin support and they confirmed that the BC-30 power cable provides traffic as well as access to the back up camera. The backup camera does work, however, when I enable traffic, I receive one of the following two messages: “traffic information updating. This may take several minutes.” I have waited over a half an hour and received no information. If I activate the Garmin app on my cell phone and link it to the GPS, I will get “no traffic updates“ message, even though I am driving through accidents and construction. I know that the over the air traffic updates work because I have a friend who with a GPS in his truck that regularly provides minute by minute real time traffic updates.

Finally, I am unable to register my new GPS through the Garmin express app. The app detects the GPS, but when I click on it to complete the registration, it just disappears. I am using a Mac version of the Garmin express app. Any thoughts from the hive mind would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dean.

Rassclaht, Aug 23, 2023
  2. Rassclaht

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are several different Traffic info. services, supplied over FM, RDS, internet etc., your friend's GPS unit may be using a different service

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 29, 2023
Ask a Question