Drive 60LMT Memory Card

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Frederick Vobbe, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Frederick Vobbe

Frederick Vobbe

I just purchased a Drive 60LMT to replace my Nuvi 1450. Before I say I regret it, perhaps someone has an answer to these questions as Garmin is being very mum on their "support" requests.

The first problem is that it instantly filled up it's memory to 100%, and now will not take any more updates, say it's full and to contact support. Support suggested a SIM card, and "Josh" said as soon as I do the next update and the Garmin sees the card it will immediately start using it and solve the problem. Three cards later (thinking I had the wrong cards), still nothing, and the Garmin won't update. According to the docs I could go as high as a 64gb card, but I put in a 32 since I don't need a ton of storage. Windows sees the Garmin (Full) and the External card (Empty), but it still won't update.

Garmin Express "help" files don't yield anything of value, and so far Garmin has not responded. Is there a trick to getting the 60LMT to recognize the card, or is it just bad and needs to be returned/refunded?

Attached Files:

Frederick Vobbe, Mar 20, 2018
  2. Frederick Vobbe

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks like your Drive60 is not 'seeing' the 32GB uSD card, is it formatted as FAT32?, if it has another format system e.g. NTFS that may be your problem. You could use Garmin Express to 'Install to Computer' the map updates rather that downloading directly to the Drive60, if you do this you can check the size of the new map and view it using Garmin Basecamp, from Basecamp you can goto :- Maps >> Install Maps >> Customize this will show installed maps and also show how much memory is 'free' and 'used'

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 21, 2018
  3. Frederick Vobbe

Frederick Vobbe

So are you suggesting that I format the card Fat 32, and that will fix it?

Frederick Vobbe, Mar 22, 2018
  4. Frederick Vobbe

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If the uSD card is not currently formatted as FAT32, then yes it might

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 22, 2018
Ask a Question