DriveAssist 51 broken by new SD card?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Parslee, Aug 7, 2024.

1. Parslee

Parslee

My 6 year old DriveAssist 51 LMT-D told me it needed a new SD card. I bought a Sandisk 32GB High Endurance Card which looks like it should work fine. But now the satnav is refusing to power up if that card is inserted.

If I take the card out and use the reset button then it starts up. If I then put the card back in it seems to work/record fine. But once its powered off, it won't restart automatically - I have to remove the card and reset again.

Any ideas? I've ordered a different SD card, but can't see why this one is causing problems.

Parslee, Aug 7, 2024
  2. Parslee

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

This garmin dashcam page say you can use Sandisk High Endurance cards so I would be surpised if the DriveAssist 51 can't use them*, is the microSD formatted correctly?

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=OF98RhazrR4CS6lAzssmi9

* Note. Unlike the DriveAssist 51 (32GB + 64GB for camera recording only) Garmin dashcams can suport up to 512GB microSD cards so their microSD spec. may be different

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 7, 2024
  3. Parslee

Parslee

Thanks for the response. I bought a second microSD card, different make, and that one works fine, so no idea what the problem with the SanDisk one is - I'll try it in a different device. Just glad I don't have to buy a new dashcam/satnav :)

Parslee, Aug 10, 2024
Ask a Question