DriveSmart 65 MT problem with using browse map to create trip.

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Billd, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Billd

Billd

I hope someone can help me with my problem. I recently purchased a factory refurbished drivesmart 65 MT and the trip planner function specifically the browse map function work differently. I have been using my nuvi 2689LMT for the last few years to plan my trips using the Trip Planner. I use the browse map function to place my next point at a specific place on a road. I then use the browse map function again to place my next point and continue like this until I have completed the route which is normally about 300 miles long. As I am doing this the browse map function moves the map to the last point I selected so I can easily find my next point to select. The Drivesmart 65 MT I purchased does not do this. Every time I select a point on the browse map function the map goes back to my start position not the last point I selected. I am hoping there has not been a change in the Tripp Planning App by Garmin as I have been successfully planning my road trips for the last 6 years using my method and I do not want to change. I am hoping the Drivesmart 65 MT is bad and I will send it back. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Billd, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Billd

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I only have a Nuvi56 and if I select '+' and 'Browse Map', it does display the area in which the last picked waypoint is situated, so I guess it is doing the same as your 2689, both the 56 and the 2689 are old models so garmin may have changed the way this works, I think it is very unlikely that the 65 is faulty and my guess is that all 65s will function the same

You can create your Route using Garmin Basecamp and then download it to the 65, it is easier to do this on a bigger screen and the way it functions won't change between satnavs

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Billd

Billd

Thank you for the information Nuvi-Nebie. I followed up by going to Best Buy today and playing with their display Drivesmart 65 MT. Yes thats the way the Trip Planner works now. I will look at basecamp and set it up on my computer.

Billd, Apr 15, 2021
Ask a Question