Drivesmart 65 touchscreen not working

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by flyplain, Jun 28, 2023.

1. flyplain

flyplain

Hello all from a newcomer,
    I have a drivesmart 65 (Alexa model) that is in excellent condition, functions normally and takes voice commands but the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. I can't get into settings via voice because "she" misinterprets the word settings and asks if I want to go to some small town in Pennsylvania... LOL
    I've tried every trick I could find online plus tried Garmin Express on my laptop but it can't find the drivesmart (tried two cables in three USB ports).
    So I can't update or reinstall software and can't do a factory reset. Does anybody have any suggestions? The unit is pretty much like new so I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue. Thanks.

flyplain, Jun 28, 2023
  2. flyplain

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You could perform a factory reset, with the unit off touch and hold the bottom right hand corner of the screen, while holding press the on switch until the the screen activates, you should then be asked if you want to erase all data and you can select Yes, this will remove all user data, Routes, Favourites etc. but if it's your only option then . . .

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 29, 2023
  3. flyplain

flyplain

Thanks. I did try that a few days ago with no luck. I was thinking that procedure maybe doesn't work on units with the newer glass screens. Or maybe won't work if the touch screen has failed... regardless I'll try it again and update this thread. Thanks again.

flyplain, Jun 30, 2023
  4. flyplain

flyplain

Just an update in case anybody else is looking for a solution to the same issue, trying a reset by pressing in the lower right corner while powering the unit on did not work. I still think maybe that was the procedure for earlier models. Thanks again for the suggestion regardless.

flyplain, Jun 30, 2023
Ask a Question