DriveSmart Weather Radar - New Zealand

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by edagrade, Jun 5, 2023.

1. edagrade

edagrade

I run a DS65 which is able to show weather radar maps, through the GarminDrive app. A great feature!
    However, I'm based in New Zealand and Garmin only supplies weather radar for Australia (from BOM). See attached Screenshot from the DS65.
    I have approached Garmin numerous times over the last few years in an effort for them to include weather radar coverage for New Zealand - no luck yet :-(

My question is: do the later DriveSmart 66/76/86 devices have weather radar coverage for New Zealand?

Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

edagrade, Jun 5, 2023
  2. edagrade

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't think there will be a difference between DS65 and the DS66/76/86, I think it is more likey that they use a common set of internet data, if I look at a Rain Alarm App. I can get rain data for Australia (in blue) but not New Zealand (in grey)

2023-06-05_11.18.47.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 5, 2023
  3. edagrade

edagrade

Thanks for your reply.
    I figure the DS6 series also use the same weather radar data from GarminDrive app. I was hoping a DS6 series owner/member in New Zealand could verify otherwise.
    Seems a pity (& almost a breach of consumer law) for Garmin to advertise features for a product, but not deliver some of them to countries they market their product to. Garmins response is to offer a refund of the product rather than resolving the deficiency.

edagrade, Jun 7, 2023
Ask a Question