Etrex20 to GPSMAP 67i waypoint transfer

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Kennelly, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Kennelly

Kennelly

Good Day All
    I am new here was hoping someone would be able to help me with an issue I am having. I have owned several Garmin handheld GPS units. Have just recently purchase a GPSMAP 67i and want to transfer the literally hundreds of waypoints from my Etrex 20 that I have spent over 15 years collecting to my new unit. I have the Garmin Trip & Waypoint Manager Version 3.0 CD that I have had for quite some time. I did an update on it before it would even recognize my Etrex 20 but then when I try to transfer Waypoints to my desk top it keeps saying that the unit has no waypoints to transfer. Also I don't understand how data is saved onto the Micro SD Card inside the unit. I thought that maybe I could just transfer the waypoints on to it and then install it into the GPSMAP unit. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Kennelly, Jul 27, 2023
  2. Kennelly

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I suggest you use Garmin Basecamp to do this, with Basecamp installed on your computer plug in your Etrex20, the Etrex20 will be detected by Basecamp and it's internal storage will be displayed as a folder, if you right click on this folder and select 'Send to my Collection', all Waypoints, Routes Tracks etc. will be copied to the computers hard drive and displayed in 'My Collection', if the Etrex20 is now disconnected from the computer the data files will remain in 'My Collection', you can now plug in the 67i, highlight all the items you want to copy and right click 'Send To' 67i internal storage

The data files are stored in the /Garmin/GPX folder as Waypoint, Track and Route gpx files

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 28, 2023
  3. Kennelly

Kennelly

Thank You I will try Basecamp.

Kennelly, Jul 28, 2023
Ask a Question