Garmin GPSMAP 62 tracking

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Glenbride, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Glenbride

Glenbride

I've had both the Garmin Etrex H and also the Etrex Legend. On both of them you could go into the Tracks > Setup option and turn tracking on or off. It meant then that if I turned tracking off it didn't create a track when I'm only using it for following a track or using it to get statistics at the end of a hike.

On my present unit, the Garmin GPSMAP 62, I see no such option and am presuming that when I turn the unit on it immediately starts recording a track which I can save or discard at the end of my hike. Is this correct or is there some way that I can turn tracking off on this unit also so that I'm not recording a track when I don't want to? I've read the User Manual more than once but see no reference to such an option.

Thank you. :)

Glenbride, Jul 28, 2012
  2. Glenbride

Travlnman

Check page 9

Travlnman, Jul 31, 2012
  3. Glenbride

Glenbride

Page 9 doesn't clearly say what to do if you want to stop/start tracking. However, I've found the answer.

Go to setup>tracks>track log and choose the option Do not Record. When you want to commence tracking choose Record, show on map.

Glenbride, Jul 31, 2012
  4. Glenbride

Travlnman

Great--have fun!

Travlnman, Jul 31, 2012
Ask a Question