Garmin GPSMAP65s routing problems

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by AndyGNSS, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:03 PM.

1. AndyGNSS

AndyGNSS

Hi everyone,
    Garmin just exchanged my GPSMAP65s because I thought it was defective but this one seems to have the same identical problem. I'm wondering if I'm missing something, or do others also have this issue?

When navigating a route while hiking with the hiking profile (or also with a biking profile) there are no acoustic warnings at turns. The GPSMAP does route properly and there are visual warnings with white arrows that a turn is coming up, but no sounds at all.
    Another issue is that it doesn't recalculate the route if I deviate from the original route.

The weird thing is that the routing works fine in the car, including sounds and recalculation, when I chose an automotive routing profile.

I'm debating with myself whether to return this one too but I really love using this GPS for hiking. I use it then mostly with tracks (no acoustic warnings).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 3:13 PM
    AndyGNSS, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:03 PM
  2. AndyGNSS

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can usually customise each profile so I think you can enable 'turn tones' for the hiking profile or even disable 'turn tones' in the automotive profile eg :-

2024-10-04_23.23.45.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 4, 2024 at 11:30 PM
Ask a Question