Garmin Nuvi 1350 - OK to delete 2GB file garmin_rmu_cnnant2010_30.exe?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by BriGood, Sep 2, 2024.

1. BriGood

BriGood

I've had a Garmin 1350 for some time and it has helped guide me around the country in my RV, even with decade-old map data. In the process of going through my hard disk backups I notice a 2.16GB file garmin_rmu_cnnant2010_30.exe which I presume is a Garmin Express installer and 2010 map repository.

Is this file still useful to keep and what are the implications of deleting it? I would really like to recover the archive space if it is not. Thanks!

BriGood, Sep 2, 2024
  2. BriGood

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It does look like the file contains a City Navigator map from 2010, if the map on your 1350 is newer than this say 2014 ? you are unlikely to want to go back to this older map, if the current map on your 1350 is CN2010_30 it may be useful as a map backup although a 14 year old map is of limited use, you could probably install a 2024 'free' map if you wanted to

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 5, 2024
    BriGood likes this.
  3. BriGood

BriGood

Thank you so much for this information. This little Nuvi 1350 was my first GPS and has crossed the country many times with family members and in my RV. Because the maps are dated we have occasionally gotten into trouble (around and around the Indy aiport as one example), and because the unit is so old we have become accustomed to it occasionally resetting itself mid-route. Nonetheless, it has become a long-term friend, albeit not entirely trusted.

I have another 1350 that I got at about the same time and a larger Garmin GPS from a friend who bought a Tesla and prefers its internal maps. I've avoided officially installing either unit, thinking I might incur 2GB+ installer overhead for every unit. I am also more reliant on the built-in GPS in my 2014 Nissan Rogue, but it too is loaded with dated maps.

I'll look into your suggested free map options for the Nuvi, but do you happen to know whether free maps will also work on the Nissan?

Thanks again for your help.

BriGood, Sep 5, 2024
  4. BriGood

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If the GPS in the Nissan is supplied by Garmin there is a good chance the free maps will install, if not, then it's very unlikely

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 5, 2024
Ask a Question