Garmin Oregon 600t Not Displaying Map and Track Issue

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by ongaku99, Oct 17, 2023.

1. ongaku99

ongaku99

Hi everyone!

I have been using my Garmin Oregon 600t without any issues for the past 6 years. However, last week, when I attempted to navigate to a track using "Where To?" ⇒ "Tracks" ⇒ "xxx track" ⇒ "Go," it resulted in a blank screen with only the directional pointer arrow. Just before this happened, the map and GPX track were displaying, but the screen froze. At the time, I tried removing and replacing the batteries, but it didn’t resolve the problem.

Upon returning from the hike, I performed a full reset, but the issue still persists. What’s more, touching the Map icon also shows a blank screen. (Refer to the attached screen grabs.) The map and GPX track do display just before pressing "Go".

If anyone has encountered the same problem and found a solution to get the map and GPX track displaying again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

ongaku99, Oct 17, 2023
  2. ongaku99

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The 600t needs to know your current position and have access to a suitable map at that location, when the directional pointer arrow is on a blank screen does it have a good satellite 'fix' ?, if it does then the screen is blank because the 600t can't find a map to display, if the 600t does not have a good satellite 'fix' then the screen is blank because the it does not know it's current position

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 18, 2023
    ongaku99 likes this.
  3. ongaku99

ongaku99

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts on the matter. After undertaking some additional steps suggested by Garmin support such as deleting the GPX folder and doing another full reset, it seems to have remedied the problem.

ongaku99, Oct 18, 2023
Ask a Question