Garmin RV 890 doesn’t follow route

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by kjbeedle, Jun 19, 2023.

1. kjbeedle

kjbeedle

I have had this problem often, I plan my route, enter waypoints to ensure I am following a specific route. Save trip, go back into edit mode in order to view turns and verify the route is correct, but more often than not the GPS deviates from the planned route. Any tips are welcome, I have reverted to handwritten notes. I don’t understand why I can review a saved trip for the turns etc, and then the GPS wants to send us on different route. I want to set it so that it follows my very specific route.

kjbeedle, Jun 19, 2023
  2. kjbeedle

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

With Routes Garmin will autoroute (decide the path itself) in between Waypoints, the best way to create the Route is using Garmin Basecamp, you can then see the path chosen on-screen and you can check it is going where you want it to, when transferred to your RV890 the same route will be taken as long as :-
    1. The maps on Basecamp and the RV890 are the same
    2. The Navigation options in Basecamp and the RV890 are the same, eg :- Fastest, Shortest, avoidances etc.
    You can't expect your RV890 to send you down a Toll road if you have selected 'Avoid Toll Roads' for example

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 20, 2023
Ask a Question