Google play on dezl otr1000 And Alert Tone

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by dufferz, Oct 25, 2020.

1. dufferz

dufferz

I am trying to load google play with an .apk file on my Garmin Dezl otr 1000. I have had no luck. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this.?
    Also the alerts only sound a short DING no voice notification. Any ideas as to where I might find the DING sound file and replace it with something more annoying so I can be properly alerted to up coming curves, weigh stations, etc.

dufferz, Oct 25, 2020
  2. dufferz

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin has some info. on 'Sideloading' Android apps. here: -
    https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Uq5I6GKFO639rZTkzdqQs8

This goes some way to say it is OK to do this but doesn't tell you how

Please note, I have not tried this myself and anyone who uses these note does so at their own risk, I will not be responsible for anything going wrong, the Play Store app. can be downloaded from here :-

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

I found on the net that the downloaded app. is placed on a microSD card, placed in the dezl and installed from there (I am not sure if this app. will be automatically installed on power up), when installed the new app. can be found under apps. >> Productivity

There is also reference to Factory mode >> "Install from SD card" mentioned but with no further details

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 26, 2020
  3. dufferz

aloewen

I have sideloaded the Google Play store on my Garmin OTR800 and the installation seemed to work well but I can't figure out how to log in because the "Sign in" button doesn't do anything.
    I installed the Google Play store by doing the following:
    - Download the APK on my computer
    - Connect the OTR800 to my computer
    - Copy the APK from my computer to the Internal Storage, Download folder on the Garmin OTR800
    - On the OTR800, select Apps, Tools, File Manager
    - Select the Internal Storage, Download folder
    - Click on the downloaded APK file
    - Select Install
    I installed Google Chrome to see if it would let me log in, and it doesn't let me log in either.

aloewen, Jun 2, 2021
Ask a Question