Google satellite imagery be used Garmin Drivetrack71?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by mylo, Jul 15, 2023.

1. mylo

mylo

Hello, since Garmin Birdseye satellite was discontinued, is their a fairly simple alternative? I have a Drivetrack 71 and I used the Birdseye all the time. Can Google satellite imagery be used on the Drivetrack, or perhaps a different source for it?
    Thanks for any info.

mylo, Jul 15, 2023
  2. mylo

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It is possible to produce your own custom map and download it to your GPS but it isn't simple, you can start with a picture of anything, say a screen capture of Google Earth or a plan of Disneyland, you can play around with the shape of this picture by superimposing it onto a real map so that locations on your new picture line up with locations on an existing map, having edited your new picture, you can download the custom map to your GPS and select it in the same way you would select a Birdseye overlay, it is not a very straight forward procedure however

There is a Garmin Link Click HERE

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 16, 2023
  3. mylo

mylo

Thanks, I'll play around with it and hopefully it'll work out for my Drivetrack.

mylo, Jul 16, 2023
Ask a Question