GPS Software for PC for navigation

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by MikeSD, Jun 26, 2014.

1. MikeSD

MikeSD

What are the options for GPS navigation for use on a PC, WITHOUT any need for an internet connection? The only internet connection I would consider is a one-time use, to download the program itself and all the maps I'd need for the U.S.. I'm using a GlobalSat puck for the GPS receiver.

And I have real GPS devices (in cars and Garmin Oregon). But I'm specifically looking for a PC Tablet (actually surface pro 2) option. This would allow me to have the GPS and all GPS processing, tracking, routing, BaseCamp, MapSource (for my garmin stuff), etc. All in one package.

I'm looking st Microsoft Street and Trips 2013. Seems usable but I was wondering if there were better options for GPS on a PC.

Suggestions? Only those that you have tried and like. ;)

Thanks,

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    MikeSD, Jun 26, 2014
  2. MikeSD

Kisho

Hi, if you want great gps system for your cell phone,you should use " I GO"

Kisho, Aug 28, 2014
  3. MikeSD

lecandotnet

Hi Mikesd

You should get Copilot from Android Play Store for free. Or search for gps database and file name route.dat and know how to interprete data to read gps coordinstes.

lecandotnet, Oct 11, 2014
Ask a Question