Has anyone ever seen this?

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by CXK, Jun 6, 2015.

1. CXK

CXK

I no longer have this GPS but this is something that has baffled me for years. I wish I could remember the model number, but I had a Magellan GPS with voice recognition. You could say "Magellan" and give a command. It would occasionally hear my podcasts and think it was being spoken to.

One day while driving in silence, my GPS just said "Did you say Magician?" Magician...why would that matter? Out of curiosity I pressed the "Yes" button and waiting for a response. Nothing happened, it just close the dialog. I could never recreate this phenomenon no matter how many times or ways I said the word magician. I'm only asking because it was so odd, I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had this happen or can explain it. I apologize for the dirty GPS lol.

[​IMG]

CXK, Jun 6, 2015
  2. CXK

MikeBusc

This just happened to me the other day. Did you ever find out why? I tried also to make if happen again but couldn't.

MikeBusc, Jul 25, 2015
  3. CXK

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

What word did your Magellan think had been spoken? or was it also Magician ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 19, 2015
Ask a Question