Issues with Voice Command DriveSmart 61LMT-S

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by cosrocket1, Jul 24, 2024.

1. cosrocket1

cosrocket1

I tried to use my Garmin DriveSmart 61LMT-S GPS yesterday and I remember why I haven't used it in a long time. Almost every time I use Voice Command to set an address it says the wrong address. I am pronouncing the address very clearly, slowly and it's not on a vent but it still repeats an address that is different than I say 90% of the time. I even tried it in a quiet room in my house and it still constantly happens. II checked and all of the correct maps are installed and updated and I am using the American Voice with Garmin Real Voice. Today I saw there was a software update that was supposed to improve pronunciation but it didn't help at all. These are all US addresses that have been around for years.
    Is anyone else having this issue with this or another DriveSmart GPS?

cosrocket1, Jul 24, 2024
  2. cosrocket1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You could try entering a failed address manually, eg:- Where To >> Address just to prove that everything accept voice recognition is working

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 25, 2024
  3. cosrocket1

cosrocket1

When I type the address it works so it is just when using Voice Command that is the problem. If it's a very short address like 10 Main St. it mostly works but a longer address rarely does.

cosrocket1, Jul 25, 2024
Ask a Question