Looking for voice marking of location...

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by rickwtexas, May 21, 2015.

1. rickwtexas

rickwtexas

The ultimate help to my life would be the ability for a GPS to recognize "save location" followed with a short note like "1969 nova SS original". That way I can find it again later. I realize that stopping and typing it in as a bookmark is about as easy but sometimes its more difficult (like if I have a flow of traffic behind me and no where to pull over.

The 2597 looks close, but two trips to two different stores and one to the website provided no answer. I sent Garmin the question also, but no reponse. Anyone?

rickwtexas, May 21, 2015
  2. rickwtexas

Kevin.Hutch

I think I understand the question and yes tapping on the location identifies that location then saving that gives you the option of naming it.

All in a few taps and the location is saved as a "Favourite", you could even rename it later to a more detailed name.

Kevin.Hutch, Jun 5, 2015
  3. rickwtexas

rickwtexas

yeah, but I really need closer to immediate tag via voice. If I go out and mark 20 locations, later I'll be trying to remember what was where. Looks like my needs exceed current technology.

rickwtexas, Jun 5, 2015
  4. rickwtexas

Madman

Hey, rickwtexas, did you find a solution?

This is exactly what I need as well

Here's hoping

Madman, Aug 21, 2015
  5. rickwtexas

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 22, 2015
Ask a Question