Lost all my Maps

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Bootneck, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Bootneck

Bootneck

I plugged my Garmin Drive 66 into my laptop and it found a map update which it downloaded fairly quickly but when it started to transfer Garmin express said ' Applying Changes time remaining 30 mins, then 17 HOURS, then 1 hour 20 mins the 16 hours. This went on for ages and now I have lost all my maps. I have connected to Garmin Express again and it is doing exactly the same. I really need my maps soon. Any ideas please or any chance of a new one, It's under guarantee.

Bootneck, Sep 25, 2023
  2. Bootneck

Bootneck

Now it's saying 'There was an error installing the updates' and I still have no maps.

Bootneck, Sep 25, 2023
  3. Bootneck

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would install new maps to your 'Computer Only' and then transfer them to your Drive 66, the reason for this is that Garmin Express can sometimes fail to manage free memory space on the internal memory (and microSD if fitted), once the map is on your computer you can manage the download to your Drive 66 using Garmin Basecamp >> Map Install, it can examine all free memory space and allow a partial download of a smaller area of the map if there is insufficient space on your Drive 66

See Fig. 3 in this link Click HERE

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 26, 2023
  4. Bootneck

Bootneck

Thanks for your reply. I am trying that now. I have noticed now that when I turn on my Garmin 66 I get a message saying 'can't unlock maps' I'll see how I get on. Cheers.

Bootneck, Sep 26, 2023
Ask a Question