Map of Japan

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by TyphoonTom, Jun 26, 2024.

1. TyphoonTom

TyphoonTom

I recently purchased a map of Japan for my Garmin Montana 750i from a seller on Ebay. The map works just fine but the problem is that the background of the map is blue. I use it on the island of Okinawa and of course the island is surrounded by the ocean. Using this map does display all waypoints and POI’s but with the entire background being blue, it makes it appear I am floating on water and is difficult to see. The map is manufactured by a company called UpUpDown (UUD). I asked the seller if I can change the color and he said it is possible even on the Montana 750i, but he gave me instructions that do not exist and make it possible to change the map. I even tried on Base Camp but I could not see how it can be changed. I have an older UUD map of Japan and the background color is beige and that is what I want. Question: Is it possible to change the color of a map using either Base Camp or via the Montana 750i? I am on a Mac computer if this helps. Thank you.

TyphoonTom, Jun 26, 2024
  2. TyphoonTom

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It may be that other maps on your 750i are changing the background colour of your map, I would go into the map setup menu and select 'disable' for all the maps on your 750i and then 'enable' only your new map, also if you have a marine chart mode you can try setting it with something like :- Menu >> Setup >> Marine >> Marine Chart Mode = Off

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 27, 2024
Ask a Question