more than one country map

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Paramedicoz, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Paramedicoz

Paramedicoz

Hi all , i have a garmin2689 with aust/nz map and the usa one . the usa one is for a trip we are doing my question is will the map start automatically when in the USA ? . is there a way to test the map before we go ?

Paramedicoz, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Paramedicoz

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Not sure if a new map automatically becomes the 'current' map, but you can turn maps on / off in the Nuvi menus, This the menu for the Nuvi56 so it may be slightly different for you:-

Main Screen >> Settings >> Map & Vehicle >> myMaps >> [select / de-select from on screen menu]. Note when different maps are of the same area, I would only select one at a time, but when the maps are of different areas, it is probably safe to have them both enabled at the same time e.g. aust/nz and USA. You can test the map is selected by zooming down to street level in the area you want to go with 'View Map', if the new map is not working, you will only get the world base map which will only have main roads

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 7, 2015
Ask a Question