nuvi 2598lmt-d not recognised by computer

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by trialsrider, Aug 19, 2023.

1. trialsrider

trialsrider

my old 2548 failed to connect and update after several previous updates . tried different cble usb port etc but does not connect. Have updated usb drivers for my windows 11 acer from garmin but not recognised. I have been given a 2598 and it initially connected with garmin express for an update . the new europe maps were about 9.6 Gb , I didn't think I had enough free space so I disconnected the sat nav , not having 3 hours to spare. I thought I would look at options before proceeding , micro usb card or deleting files. when I tried to reconnect it , no connection , it turns on and prompts for the correct traffic cable .I do not get the computer on the screen . Tried mass storage option but not connecting . Garmin express looks for the device but cant find it .. Any bright Ideas ?

trialsrider, Aug 19, 2023
  2. trialsrider

henry34653

check navitotal.com for unlocked maps that can be loaded onto SD cards

henry34653, Aug 19, 2023
  3. trialsrider

trialsrider

Will the post code search still work ?

trialsrider, Aug 19, 2023
  4. trialsrider

henry34653

the maps are made from the garmin maps, so all of the garmin functions work

henry34653, Aug 19, 2023
  5. trialsrider

trialsrider

have downloaded uk maps to sd card 2024 10 i think . all works well , thanks . still no idea why windows will not recognise the gps as a mass storage device . when it first connected there was no usb device to safely remove from the taskbar menu. I believe the old 2548 was left on for ages to update and windows update did a restart while I was away from the computer. This not connecting seems to be a fairly common problem with no solution , would it be worth a phonecall to garmin to see if they could help ?

trialsrider, Aug 22, 2023
  6. trialsrider

henry34653

Garmin typically supports a unit for 10 years. Your unit was released in 2009 which means support ended in 2019. You can try reinstalling the Garmin Express app which will also reinstall the USB drivers and try again.

henry34653, Aug 23, 2023
  7. trialsrider

henry34653

Garmin defines "lifetime" as Garmin's length of time that they will support the unit, not the length of time that the unit is in use. You have to read the small print in the documentation that came with the unit.

henry34653, Aug 23, 2023
Ask a Question