Reverse Trip?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by redmed, Jun 3, 2023.

1. redmed

redmed

Is there a way to reverse the trip you last traveled?

redmed, Jun 3, 2023
  2. redmed

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

This will depend on which GPS you have, some walking / hiking GPSs have a feature called Trackback (or Backtrack) which will guide you along a previously recorded Track, however vehicle satnavs usually work on Routes rather than Tracks, if the Route has been stored using Trip Planner then you can edit the Route to select a new Start and Destination, be carefull if you have added multiple waypoints in between the Start and Destination as the satnav may try to visit them in the wrong order

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 5, 2023
  3. redmed

redmed

I was afraid of that. Recently there has been a massive amount of road construction causing a simple trip to become complicated with multiple detours. It would be nice if I could reverse the trip. If I could quickly create a route from a trip (on the fly) that I could reverse would be great. I would delete the route after because the next day road conditions would change. I've been using a Drivesmart 55 and a Drivesmart 65/w Alexa in my two vehicles.

redmed, Jun 5, 2023
  4. redmed

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Some satnavs allow you to create Routes on the unit, but I don't think you can create a route from a Track, it is possible to do this in Garmin Basecamp, you can also reverse the direction of the Route and then save the new Route to your satnav

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 5, 2023
Ask a Question