Simplify wiring on Zumo 660LM

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by suzukizone, Sep 29, 2023.

1. suzukizone

suzukizone

I had the Zumo 660 mounted to a big touring bike with full fairing and storage pockets so the very long and "busy" wiring harness was not an issue. I now Have a Royal Enfield 350 Classic, smaller bare bones bike with a lot less space & resources. I want to mount the Zumo but the wiring harness is like a 25 foot Python and I need to get a simpler, more compact wiring harness to power it or I'll have to toss the Zumo.

Is there some way to cut down on all that extra wiring? There is a USB socket conveniently on the handle bar clamp that woud be ideal to use. There us a USB input under the battery cover but cannot use that with the cover off. I can mount the original "snap on" mounting for the Zumo but not the bulky wiring.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

DH

suzukizone, Sep 29, 2023
  2. suzukizone

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks like there is only a 12 Volt supply via the cradle, so a 5 Volt USB supply is not possible :-
    2023-10-01_17.51.44.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 1, 2023
  3. suzukizone

suzukizone

Thanks, while fiddling, I figued a way to hook up a 12v feed and all is working.

Thanks!

DH

suzukizone, Oct 1, 2023
Ask a Question