Update map Nuvi 2597

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Scorpanicus, Jul 6, 2024.

1. Scorpanicus

Scorpanicus

I have a Nuvi 2597LMT. I have just updated the NZ/Aus maps successfully but I also have a UK & Ireland map on the device that was not automatically updated. This UK map was installed in 2017 (I think). Maybe it's not covered by auto update?
    I will be visiting the UK soon - so what do I do to update this map?
    Thanks for any advice.

Scorpanicus, Jul 6, 2024
  2. Scorpanicus

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The LMT Lifetime Maps version means that maps that were on the unit when it was purchased should be updated for free however I'm guessing that UK maps were either added after the unit was purchased or added as an extra map apart from the main LMT deal, either way it looks like the UK map is not covered by the LMT, if the UK map was purchased from Garmin as a stand alone map it will have been supplied with its own lifetime updates or sometimes a one off time limited update

It is possible to get free OSM maps that can be installed onto your 2597, see link here :-
    https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/can-i-get-free-maps.46545/

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 6, 2024
  3. Scorpanicus

Scorpanicus

Thanks for the info Nuvi-Nebie. Yep, I'd purchased the UK map after I'd had the gps for a while so looks like no updates. D/loading a replacement UK map is quite pricey so will check out the free maps. Thanks.

Scorpanicus, Jul 7, 2024
Ask a Question