Which file is for the menues, and how to get DEFAULT voice commands?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by SwedenRider, Jul 31, 2024.

1. SwedenRider

SwedenRider

Hey!

I got a DriveSmart 51 (Sweden/Europe), is acted strange from the beginning, just turning off in the middle of the route and restarted as if I chose it to get to factory mode. After emptying the whole unit througn Windows and reinstall everything via Garmin Express, it's acting more strange now...

1. when I'm trying to voice command, the unit wants me to "learn it" following like, "one, two, three, turn, screen brightness" and so on. But even if I program it to recognize my voice, there¨s a LOT of meny options missing, such as like "Find address", "Find ciry" and so on.

Earlier I got a whole bunch of meny choices, was able to scroll througn all of the options. Now there's not even "search address" in the meny... And the unit is resisting that I¨m going to speak to it to "teach" it to recognize my voice. In the earlier version is was an "in-built" "robot" that turned on when I called for the GPS, saying: "What do you want to do", then I could say for example: "Search address, find a city" etc. But now the unit wants me to teach ut "one, two, three, turn, exit, brightness" and so on, but still there¨s missing a lot of menu options.

Is there anyboyd in here knowing which files there are for default (unit) voice commands - and how to reset the unit to show every possible menu option again, as it was in factrory mode? I did copy all my files before I dd a reset of the unit, so maybe the correct files are somewhere in my Google Drive...

Sorry if my English isn't that good, I'm living in Sweden and all my menues are in Swedish.

PS. I did format/empty the unit, then copied the "old files" into the unit again, no success.

Also: everytime I connect go Garmin Express, it wants me to update one (1) update. Cyclops Europe, about 3.85 MB... Dit it over and over again... I also used every trick I found on YouTube to reset the unit fo factory mode. Still doesn't got all the menues I got before. And this about the voice commands - how can the unit all of the sudden demand to recognize my voice when there was an in-built "dude" listening to me before - and how do I get "him" back?

Does anyone hade any idea? Downgrade firmware, anything? Help!

Help, anyone, please?

SwedenRider, Jul 31, 2024
  2. SwedenRider

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Ask a Question